Legal Billing Specialist
In search of an organized billing specialist who can manage billing for our law firm. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable, self-reliant, & timely. This work involved distributing initial invoices for attorneys, along with maintaining overall accurate financial records for incoming payments on accounts.
If this is you, please read this entire page.
Join us as our:
Legal Billing Specialist
Do you enjoy working with numbers and are looking for an opportunity in the legal industry? Our law firm is seeking a billing specialist to work in our accounting department and assist our billing attorneys with revising, processing, and issuing accurate monthly billing. You’ll be required to perform consistent follow up in this role, so experience with accounts receivable is highly preferred. If you’re a detail-oriented professional, have at least 2 years of billing experience, and enjoy working in a face-past environment, we want to hear from you!
We believe when you read this list of job characteristics, you will be excited about:
- Our fast-paced environment with a focus on timely, correct results
- Our intellectual focus
- How we embrace your attention to getting results that are timely and accurate
- Our love for how demanding and exacting you are, especially when it comes to details. We love that you love details.
- Decisions are made based on careful understanding of all available information; detailed technical knowledge; expertise and serious considerations for all sides of the issue/problem
- Your need to make the right decision and that you won’t be pressured to make quick decisions
- Your direct and analytical communication style; ‘strictly business’ and accurate, you see all sides of the issue
- We’ll provide you with opportunities to use/demonstrate your ‘know how’ and expertise in finding creative solutions to problems, with relative freedom from organizational involvement
- Delegation is usually given to those who have proven to be highly dependable and precise
- We love that your leadership style involves high expectations for subordinates and a high degree of review following each task
Here at Petrelli Previtera we know our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to providing a dynamic environment where everyone can be their best. And we believe in data and analytics. Please take 5-minutes to complete our survey. This is not a test, there are no right or wrong responses, we’re not looking for any specific answers. Just be easy about it, don’t over think, you’ll get your results instantly, and we’ll be in touch shortly. Simply click this link to take our survey.
- Distribute initial invoices for attorney review every month
- Run accounts receivable reports to keep track of past due accounts and follow up on payment
- Revise invoices in accordance with attorney requests and prepare final bills for mailing
- Maintain accurate financial records for incoming payments on accounts
- Work with the client’s accounting department to resolve any billing inquiries
- Two years of experience working as in a billing specialist position at a law firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills are necessary for this position
- Able to produce a high quality work product while handling multiple projects
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, Excel, and billing software programs is essential
- A high school diploma or equivalent is needed; some college is an asset
Quick and easy steps for applying for this position:
Provide Your Contact Details
Answer a few contact-related questions about who you are.
Upload Your Resume
You will be asked to upload your current Resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Complete Our 5-minute Survey
We believe our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to providing a dynamic environment where everyone can be their best. This Survey is not a test, there are no right or wrong responses, and we’re not looking for any specific answers.
Join Our Team So That We Can Help More People Build Better Lives By Planning For A Secure Future!
© 2021 – Petrelli Previtera